Thursday, January 17, 2008

Spring Semester, week 2...

The second week of the semester is over, and an extended weekend is approaching. Thoughts so far (class names abstracted to save my fat ass if I'm ever found out)...

Stats: I have Bernice Clifton (from Designing Women) teaching. Looks like her. Sounds like her. Almost as scatterbrained in lectures--in that crazy professorial good way. I just keep waiting for her to break out in spontaneous chorus of "black man, black man! Where do you come from?"

Philosophy of education: God, I forgot how much I loved philosophy classes. Sitting around, discussing ideas. The professor is farther left than I am. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or frightened by this...

Game design: We're going to virtual-design a game (i.e. narratives and descriptives of a product) by the end of the class. The homework this weekend is to play video games and analyze. Finally, my hours in World of Warcraft pay off! :)

Theory of modeling and simulation: Theory, my fat ass. We spent three hours tonight getting a crash course in Multigen Paradigm. It's looking like all application here--get in and model. This one may be the "what was I thinking?" class for the term...

In other news, I'm still thinking about the body/weight issues. I really wish I could talk to someone who could be open and objective. The problem is that friends give a shit about me, and that giving of a shit (one way or the other) often interferes with things...

No comments: