Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day twenty seven, weigh in two

Note: Back in September, I weighed in at 365 pounds. I decided to start getting it under control, and use my other blog as a means of recording my progress.





















































































4-17-074-29-075-13-2007
Weight315 lbs 293 lbs282 lbs




Chest52 in50.5 in49 in
Waist49 in47 in46 in
Belly54 in52.5 in50 in
Arm17 in16 in15.5 in
Thigh30 in29 in28 in
Neck18.5 in18.0 in17.5 in
Frontal pic Pic Pic Pic
Profile pic Pic Pic Pic
Back pic Pic Pic Pic


Well, I'm back to where I was before the February backslide happened, now thirty two pounds from the goal.

The exercise is paying off. I'm seeing a little bit of toning around my body, and I've noticed that my stair endurance is building. I'm no longer as winded after trips up the stairs.

Later this week, I see myself signing up for the gym. Since classes start at UCF tomorrow, and I'll have to go out there both for my GRA hours and my Monday night class, it'll be easy to stop by before or after my workout. When I'm not at UCF, there's another Planet Fitness about five miles west of the apartment that I can visit. At 282, I'm definitely safe for cardio activity, and I won't kill my knees as much as I would have at 365 pounds.

365 pounds. I just realized that I've lost 83 pounds since starting this in September. Damn, there's a slight possibility that I could hit 100 on the next weigh in--not realistic, but still a possibility. I remember how far away 250 felt back in September. Even the 280's felt so distant. But I'm here now, and the target's not that far off. I really could walk out of this apartment and leave the whole "big guy" identity behind me.

Today is another day for cleaning. I'm polishing and finishing the living room. Then, I'm going to polish and finish the dining room and kitchen. If I have time left today, I'm going to start my bedroom, which is hiding my old gym bag and gear.

It's weird. Literally to this day, five years ago, I was just embarking on another push to reduce my weight, so I guess I've got a good stick against which I can measure my performance here. Hopefully this time next year, I can write about being in maintenance mode for once.